Cod and chorizo stew
1 yellow pepper; 1 red pepper; 1tbsp olive oil; 8 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed; 1 onions, cut into chunks; 3 small floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks; 1/2 bulb of fennel, cut into chunks; 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped; 1 chorizo sausage, sliced; Pinch of saffron; 6 cod fillets; 3 vine tomatoes, cut into chunks; 100ml white wine; 1 tin chopped tomatoes.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. On a baking sheet lined with foil, roast both peppers whole until the skin blisters, turning half way through to expose all sides.
3. Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a large pan over a medium heat.
4. Add the garlic and onions.
5. Saute for a few minutes until the onions soften.
6. Add the potatoes and fennel and continue to stir for a minute or two, then add the chillies.
7. Once the peppers are ready, cut them into strips and add to the pan along with the chorizo and saffron.
8. Stir well and cook on medium heat for five to six minutes.
9. Add the vine tomatoes and cook for a further two minutes, then season and pour in the wine and tinned tomatoes along with 400ml of cold water.
10. Add the fish, stir and place the lid on.
11. Leave to stew for a further 15 minutes.