Ginger and banoffee cheesecake
1 ready-made ginger cake loaf
300g full fat cream cheese
200ml creme fraiche
200ml double cream, plus extra for the sauce
1 vanilla pod
1 x 397g tin dulce de leche
100g caster sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 100°C/80°C fan/gas ¼. Slice the cake thinly and place onto a baking sheet. Dry out the cake completely in the oven. This will take 1 to 2 hours. Cool and blitz in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs.
2. Whisk together the cream cheese, creme fraiche, double cream, a tablespoon of sugar and the seeds from the vanilla pod.
3. Swirl half the dulce de leche into the cheesecake mixture.
4. Melt the butter and sugar to a caramel, halve the bananas and cook for 1 minute in the caramel. Then add a good splash of double cream to create a sauce.
5. Sprinkle the base of four chefs rings, 8cm wide, with the blitzed ginger cake. Fill them with the cheesecake mixture, smooth off the top then top with more of the blitzed ginger cake and place in the fridge.
6. Put the cheesecakes onto the plates and warm the edge of the ring with either a blow torch or a hot cloth to loosen and then lift it off to reveal the mini cheesecakes.
7. Place the caramelised bananas and sauce around the cheesecake on the plate and serve.