Angus Archives, with the assistance of volunteers, have commenced working on the Ken Hay Archive, a vast collection of negatives and some prints that represent his 40 year career.
The first stage is to make an inventory of the collection and to scan samples. Then as discoveries are made the archive group intend to share their discoveries as they go, starting next month.
Recent donations include a scrapbook of invitations put together by Forfar Town Council. The scrapbook contains invitations to official events, programmes and toast lists. The events covered include the celebration programme for the 1937 coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth; the Freedom of the Burgh ceremonies for Andrew Carnegie in 1910, the Black Watch and ex-Provost Andrew Smyth amongst others; the opening of the Forfar Guide Dog Training Centre by Princess Alexandra and the opening of the Forfar Leisure Centre by the Earl of Strathmore.