THE BELL has been replaced!
A month ago the church bell from St. Margaret’s Lunanhead fell from its mountings during the Sunday service much to the shock and dismay of the congregation.
However, it is now back in place having been refurbished and re-hung by blacksmith Bruce Robertson.
The wooden block holding the bell, which is a feature of this age of bell here and on the continent, has been replaced in steel which adds to the peal and secures it for another 100 years.
Readers may recall that the bell was silenced in September after it and its frame had fallen from the bellcote.
Parishioners had a lucky escape when it came hurtling down during a service, destroying a new floodlight. It landed on the roof of the church porch, smashing some slates.
The bell was installed when the church was built in November, 1906.