This week we bring you a summertime treat that is just perfect to get you in the mood for Wimbledon.
3 large eggs, separated
100g caster sugar
zest and juice of one orange
1 passion fruit
150ml whipping or double cream, whipped
Icing sugar, for dusting
Recipe requires one deep, round 20cm (8in) cake tin, and non-stick baking parchment
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160C/gas mark 4. Grease the tin then line the base with non-stick baking parchment.
2. Measure the egg yolks, sugar, orange zest and juice and the semolina into a bowl and beat until thoroughly blended.
3. In a separate clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are stiff but not dry, then gently fold into the orange and semolina mixture. Turn into the prepared tin.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until well risen and the top of the cake springs back when lightly pressed with a finger.
5. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes then turn out, peel off the parchment and finish cooling on a wire rack.
6. Reserve a few strawberries to decorate the top of the cake, then slice the remainder.
7. Halve the passion fruit and scoop out the pulp.
8. To fill the cold cake, cut it in half horizontally and sandwich the slices together with the sliced strawberries, passion fruit pulp and whipped cream.
9. Just before serving, decorate with the reserved strawberries, sliced or left whole, and sift some icing sugar over the top.