Doors open day pulls in the crowds at Airlie

editorial image
0
Have your say

THE AIRLIE Monument was just one of many Angus properties to welcome the public as part of Angus Council’s Doors Open Days.

Over 200 visitors enjoyed the spectacular views from the top of the monument seeing as far as the Montrose Basin in the East and right along the Strathmore Valley.

Doors Open Day’s allow members of the public the opportunity to take a look at some of the cultural and historical buildings in the county free of charge.

Angus Council has continued its involvement in Doors Open Day, which is held throughout Scotland on varying weekends throughout September.

Other buildings allowing the public a glimpse inside included the Angus Archives where 800 years of history is stored.

The new Guide Dog training centre was open to the public for one of the first times since it opened in 2009.

Elsewhere in Forfar the Sheriff Court built by James Maitland Wardrop between 1869 and 1871 opened its doors. Visitors were able to see first hand the inside of this dramatic building. In Glamis, people had the opportunity to visit an Architectural practice, designed by the actual firm of James F. Stephen in the heart of the village.